Artificial Intelligence (AI) is going to be the extension of our brains, in the same way as cars are the extension of our legs. It has already been an indispensable part of our life. Every day, AI navigates us to places, answers our queries, and recommends restaurants and movies. Overall, it amplifies what we do, augmenting our memory, giving you instant knowledge, allowing us to concentrate on doing things that are properly human.
Designing new AI models is still reserved for experts; and the goal of my research is to democratize AI, making it accessible to everybody, such that any person regardless of their prior experiences, and any company regardless of size can deploy sophisticated AI solutions with only a few simple clicks.
I'm a Ph.D. student at the CS department of Brown University, advised by Prof.Rodrigo Fonseca.
Before Brown, I was a OMSCS student at Gatech while being a full time software developer at Dow Jones. I acquired my bachelor degree from
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) at the beautiful Qing Shui He campus in 2011. In addition to my awesome advisor, I also work closely with
Wei Wu, and
- Brown Fellowship (2017-2018)
- Reviewer of International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR)
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC)
- Reviewer of International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV)
- Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS)
- Reviewer of Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR)
- Reviewer of Neural Information Processing System (NIPS)
- External Research Collaborator, Facebook AI Research, Menlo Park, 2019.Sept ~ Present, supervised by Yuandong Tian
- Research Intern, Facebook AI Research, Menlo Park, 2019.Jan ~ 2019.May, supervised by Yuandong Tian
- Research Intern, Microsoft Research AI, Redmond, 2018.May ~ 2018.August, supervised by Yuxiong He
- Research Intern, NEC Labs, Princeton, 2016.Aug ~ 2017.Jan, supervised by Yi Yang
- Software Developer, Dow Jones, Princeton, 2014.Aug ~ 2016.Aug